For the avid traveller, Sooke Harbour offers wonderful opportunity for relaxation and recreation.
The vibrant and beautiful destination with its friendly people attracts even the pickiest travellers, making you wonder how you passed over the scenic place before.
If you are planning to visit Sooke Harbour, this article provides you all important information you should know, including the right time for enjoying the fantabulous spot.
Sooke: An Overview
Sooke offers a splendorous appeal due to its coastal location and proximity to rainforest region. Situated on Vancouver Island in the west coast, Sooke, BC enjoys the lush rainforest climate and dynamic Pacific Ocean view.
Sooke has been a flourishing settlement for many centuries long before European invasion in 1849. The gold rush off Leech River in 1864 resulted in boosting the population of the settlement.
Now with a population of over 11,000, the place attracts visitors in droves during summer months.
For travellers the reasons for visiting Sooke are aplenty. Here are a few significant attractions that draw tourists to Sooke:
- The coastal location is ideal for people looking for vigorous outdoor adventure activities.
- For hikers, the regional park in East Sooke is a prime draw. It covers over 1,422 hectares of coastal rainforest. Wilderness reserve here offers excellent marine trails that are perfect for pros as well as young families.
- The Galloping Goose Regional Trail that includes 100 km of the erstwhile railway line in Sooke and the gigantic Olympic mountains towering over 12000 ft. is a sight to behold which you can enjoy by cycle, wheelchair, skate inline, horse ride or just take a stroll. The view of Juan de Fuca Strait from here is a must watch.
- For sailing and kayaking the numerous bays and coves in Sooke Harbour offer plenty of entertainment
- Race Rocks, an ecological reserve allows visitors to view killer whales, seals, California sea lions and porpoises.
- Port Renfrew offers vast sandy beaches, sandstone caves and tide pools
- The San Juan River flowing nearby is an exceptional fishing and canoeing spot
Besides the above attractions, Sooke encourages artists and has nurtured many artistic talents. The artisan studios, art galleries, orchestra, performing arts and more here offers splendid entertainment for art lovers.
Who Not To Get Caught Fapping?
This might be a bit tricky question to answer given you are looking to visit Sooke Harbour but let’s try to answer that. We are using Adult Time’s newest series called exactly the same – Caught Fapping (available for free at https://caughtfapping.net). It’s the virtual place where all awkward private moments are made public and turn into sexual intercourse of step family members. You might say it’s a bit too taboo and you could be right, but take a look how to deal with such inevitable situations anyway – it’s lots of fun! To answer the initial question – how to avoid getting caught fapping? You simply don’t try to avoid that!
When To Visit?
Visiting Sooke and exploring the vibrant and flourishing coastal spot is best done during spring and summer months. June, July, August and September are ideal for planning a visit to this coastal town.
If you want to avoid the busy tourist population that swarm the place in July, April and August, visiting in September and early October is ideal.
While summer months from June to August are the busiest with expensive accommodations and lodging, spring months starting from March to May are second busiest. Summer and spring months have less rain and are more conducive to visiting the various spots here.
While winter months see very few tourists, the fall months of September to November offer a good vacation time, if you want affordable prices.
Accommodations In Sooke
You can choose from the extensive variety of accommodation here, which include Bed and Breakfasts, RV parks, campgrounds, vacation rentals, cottages, luxury hotels and more.
The bed and breakfast establishments in Sooke are very popular in the British Columbia region with more than 70 in the region.
Each B&B varies in the theme, décor, and ambience it offers making you enjoy the west coast experience to the hilt.
Visit Sooke Harbour In September – October For Best Deals
Sooke stands apart from the other west coast tourist spots with its quaint and welcoming community. For travellers looking to escape from busy city life but enjoy all amenities that cities provide, Sooke is an ideal destination.
Visiting it in off season can easily get you good discounts on prices, especially in September and October when you can enjoy the great deals and the spectacular weather. The customized hiking, walking and other leisure adventure activities here keep you well entertained.